KELO-COTE® Gel is a patented topical silicone gel for the management and prevention of excessive scars, such as hypertrophic and keloid scars.
It is self-drying and forms a bond with the outer layer of dead skin cells, to form a protective barrier over the scar.
KELO-COTE® has been shown to flatten, soften and smooth scars, relieve itching and discomfort, as well as reduce the discoloration associated with scarring.
How to Use KELO-COTE® Gel:
- Ensure that the affected area is clean and dry.
- Apply KELO-COTE® to the area as a very thin layer and allow to dry.
- Apply KELO-COTE® twice daily.
- For maximum results KELO-COTE® should have 24-hour contact with the skin.
- Once dry, KELO-COTE® can be covered with pressure garments, sun block or cosmetics.
KELO-COTE® should be applied twice daily for 90 days for maximum effect and can be applied under pressure garments and sunscreen. Recommended minimum treatment time is 60-90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer and continued use is recommended if improvement is still seen after the initial 90 days.
Where to obtain KELO-COTE® Gel:
KELO-COTE® can be bought at your local pharmacy and is also available on prescription
Polysiloxanes, Silicone Dioxide